Five-Star Food Recipes from Anantara's Master Chefs
Chef Pong Prepares a Quintessential Pad Thai Goong at Anantara Layan Phuket Resort
- 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons of sliced red onion
- 2 eggs
- 8 prawns
- 150g of rice noodles
- 1/2 cup of prawn stock
- 2 tablespoons of chopped dried shrimp
- 3 tablespoons of chopped sweet turnip
- 3 tablespoons of ground peanut
- 2 cups of bean sprouts
- 8 garlic chive stalks
- 2 scoops of Phad Thai sauce (recipe below)
Phad Thai Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of tamarind juice
- 3 tablespoons of palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 3 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- Prepare the Phad Thai sauce by adding all ingredients into a pan and bring to boil until the sauce is thick
- Heat a wok to medium-high temperature
- Add vegetable oil to the wok
- Add red onions, dried shrimp and sweet turnips into the wok; stir for 30 seconds
- Add the eggs and scramble all the ingredients together in the wok, stirring continuously to ensure that they don’t stick
- Add prawns and continue to stir for 30 seconds
- Add the noodles followed by the prawn stock and allow the noodles to soften
- Add the Phad Thai sauce to the noodles, continuing to stir and mix well.
- Add bean sprouts, garlic chives and ground-roasted peanuts. Stir and toss for 30 seconds.
- Serve onto a plate and garnish with coriander leaves, lime juice and chili powder for an extra kick.
- Add a banana blossom, chili powder and roasted peanuts to the side for traditional flavouring if desired.
Chef Naomi Whips Up a Zingy Quinoa Salad at Niyama Private Island Resort
- 1 Chopped Tomato
- Toasted Walnut
- Sliced Radish
- Mixed Bell peppers
- Some micro herbs
- Cucumber and the main ingredient is the Quinoa, we have 3 kinds of Quinoa pre cooked
- Some olive oil, pepper, salt and vinegar to taste
- Lemon and a squeeze of Lemon
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl
- Add lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper and vinegar as desired
Chef Darwin Makes a Healthy Lentil Salad at Royal Livingstone by Anantara
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups dry lentils
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small green chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- 10- lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup oil-cured black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, cut in half lengthwise
- Bring the water and salt to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Pour the lentils into the water while stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until the lentils are tender but still hold their shape, for about 30 minutes. Drain well.
- Transfer the lentils to a mixing bowl and stir in the garlic and chile pepper. Add the juice of 1 lemon plus 1 teaspoon of the zest. Mix in the shredded carrot, olives, and cilantro.
- Season with salt and black pepper, and drizzle with olive oil; mix well. Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to blend.
- Before serving, mix the salad again and add more lemon juice or olive oil if needed. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with sliced eggs.