Luxury hospitality with a mindful approach
At Anantara Bazaruto, we are dedicated to preserving Mother Nature, local communities and lessening our carbon footprint for future generations. Environmental conservation and supporting responsible travel are at the heart of our practices. With a sustainable stay at our resort, savour the luxury of peace of mind.
Aujan - Anantara Scholarship Programme
The first edition in 2019 supported the completion of a local health centre (with daycare, a maternity unit, laboratory and pharmacy) in Zengelemo. Inaugurated in 2020, the centre provides much-needed medical care to island residents who would otherwise have to access health and emergency services on the mainland (25km away).
● Working with local government to build three local primary schools since 2018
● Training initiatives including English classes for the local community
● Storage facilities for local fishermen (supporting the fish trade with 24-hours power supply and security)
● Food donations (In August 2022, 112 bags of rice distributed to approx. 304 households)
One Less Thing
Pack for a Purpose
Responsible tourism initiatives
● Raising cultural awareness via music and dance performances, artisanship, dhow cruises, and more
● On-site indigenous shop selling fair-trade handicrafts from Mozambian and Bazaruto craftspeople
Sustainable business initiatives
On-resort water conservation initiatives include the phasing out of plastic bottles and the planned launch of a filtering and purifying water systems to also offer this island freshwater in recycled glass bottles.