Updated Booking Requirements
We are a certified Safe and Secure Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you very soon. In the interests of protecting the health and safety of all our guests, please see our booking requirements below.
The below procedures apply to international tourists visiting Sri Lanka under a tourist visa, and optional for dual citizens, valid resident visa holders and Sri Lankan citizens who opt to come under the tourism route.
1.0 Procedure for Fully Vaccinated Travellers –
Applies to International Tourists visiting Sri Lanka under tourist visa. No prior approval required from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Civil Aviation Authority. There is no minimum duration of stay in Sri Lanka.
Travelers who obtained a recommended 2-dose vaccine / a recommended combination of the recognized vaccines / a single dose of COVID-19 vaccine recommended to fully vaccinate at the country of origin (E.g., Astra Zeneca / Pfizer BioNTech / Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, Sputnik Light &, etc.) and completed the 14 days post-vaccination period will be considered as fully vaccinated travelers. Any vaccination type accepted by the country of origin will be accepted.
Children of 18 years and below, who have obtained at least a single dose of a recognized vaccine and departed after the 14 days post vaccination period will be considered as “Fully Vaccinated”.
1.1 Prior to boarding, travellers are required to:
- Have a valid tourist visa. All visas must be applied online. Visit www.eta.gov.lk.
- Fully-vaccinated travelers are exempted from pre-departure COVID-19 PCR/ Rapid Antigen Testing.
- Not-vaccinated / not-fully vaccinated children of 12-18 years travelling with fully-vaccinated tourists must obtain a negative PCR test report within 72 hours or a Rapid Antigen Test report (self-swabs are disallowed) within 48 hours prior to embarkation. (Children below 12 years are exempted).
- Visit portal.pionline.lk/covid insurance to pay for mandatory COVID 19 Local Insurance cover at USD 12 for a policy of USD 75,000 up to a period of one month (including children below 2 years).
- Prior to boarding the flight, visit airport.lk/health_declaration index and fill the Online Health Declaration Form individually and upload the relevant documents (Vaccination record, Predeparture COVID- 19 negative test report (if applicable), Data page of the Passport etc.) to obtain the QR code. A separate form should be submitted for each of the accompanying children (if any).
Note: Fully vaccinated travelers if accompanied by not-vaccinated /not-fully vaccinated children of 12-18 years, pay for the on-arrival PCR tests at USD 40 per test. Travelers can pay for the PCR tests at the Ministry of Health (MOH) approved laboratory established at the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) or any other MOH approved laboratory.
1.2 Please produce the following on arrival at the airport:
- Original vaccination certificate / card (together with a certified copy of English language translation if the certificate / card is not in English or if relevant data are not indicated in English).
- QR code generated after filling the online Health Declaration Form (in mobile phone/ hard copy).
- Negative COVID-19 PCR Test report in English or Rapid Antigen Test report in English (If applicable).
1.3 On-arrival PCR tests
- No on-arrival PCR test for “Fully Vaccinated” travellers.
- Not-vaccinated Children:
- No on-arrival PCR test for Not-vaccinated children up to 12 years and they will be allowed to travel with their parents.
- Not-vaccinated children of 12 -18 years need to undergo on-arrival PCR testing at the Ministry of Health approved laboratory at BIA or at a Safe & Secure Certified Level 1 hotel. If the Day 1 PCR report is negative, they will be allowed to travel with their parents.
- No 2nd PCR for fully vaccinated travellers.
1.4 Accommodation & Airport transfers
Fully vaccinated travellers are allowed to make their own arrangements for accommodation, airport transfers and local transportation. However, advised to use safe and secure certified accommodations and travel agents to ensure their health and safety.
Please visit www.srilanka.travel/helloagain for the most updated travel and tourism updates from the Sri Lankan Government as well as procedures for Not-Vaccinated / Not-Fully-Vaccinated Travellers & Covid-19 Recovered Travellers.
Anantara Kalutara Resort has implemented the "Stay with Peace of Mind" programme that carries out enhanced levels of sanitation and use Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved disinfectants against COVID-19 throughout all public areas, including lobbies, reception, fitness centre, pool areas and guest rooms.Please click here for more information.
For more information please contact our reservations department at email@example.com
Booking Requirement FAQs
A 'Safe and Secure' Resort can accommodate both tourists from overseas (double vaccinated guests/ unvaccinated guests who have completed 14 days of quarantine) and local Sri Lankan guests who wish to experience the resort. Anantara and Avani Hotels in Sri Lanka have been awarded the 'Safe and Secure Certification' from the Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority (SLTDA) and guest safety is our highest priority.
Our resort team members are all vaccinated for your safety.
Guests in the resort can use all hotel facilities including gym, swimming pool and spaAnantara Hotels Resorts & Spas have implemented the "Stay with Peace of Mind" programme that carries out enhanced levels of sanitation and use Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved disinfectants against COVID-19 throughout all public areas, including lobbies, reception, fitness centre, pool areas and guest rooms.
Guests can visit approved tourist sites . Please speak to our Reservations Team to confirm the sites available from each resort and as per the current Government guidelines.