Updated Booking Requirements
Anantara Kalutara Resort is a certified ‘Safe and Secure’ Level 1 hotel. We look forward to welcoming you very soon. In the interests of protecting the health and safety of all our guests, please see our booking requirements below.
The below procedures apply to international tourists visiting Sri Lanka under a tourist visa and optional for dual citizens, valid resident visa holders, Sri Lankan citizens who opt to come under the tourism route irrespective of the vaccination status.
There is no minimum duration of stay in Sri Lanka.
Prior to boarding, travellers are required to:
- Have a pre-confirmed booking at a Level-1 ‘Safe & Secure’ hotel for up to 14 days; depending on the duration of your stay.
- The hotel booking could be made directly with the hotel or through a travel agent or an online booking site (OTA). Guests are allowed to move within Level-1 hotels and use all facilities of the hotel.
- Have a COVID-19 local travel insurance cover of USD 12 – the policy covers up to USD 50,000 for a period of one month. This is mandatory for all visitors.
- The travel insurance needs to be pre-purchased and charged by the hotel upon reservation.
- A banking fee of USD 26 per booking will be charged per booking.
- Pay for PCR tests – each PCR test will cost USD 40 each, per person. The number of tests depends on the number of days of your stay.
- If your stay is five or more days, two PCR tests will be conducted on arrival and exit.
- If the stay is less than five days, no exit PCR test is required.
- Children below two years are exempted from PCR testing. However, if the parents/guardians develop symptoms or result in positive PCR test reports children will undergo PCR tests.
- Children between 2-12 years undergo only exit PCR tests.
- Have a valid tourist visa. All visas must be applied for online at eta.gov.lk.
Airport transfers to be arranged by either the respective Certified Safe & Secure Level-1 hotel/ Certified Safe & Secure travel agent OR a Certified service provider.
Please produce the following on arrival at the airport:
- Evidence of a negative PCR test (in the English language) from an accredited laboratory taken no longer than 72 hours before boarding of flights.
- Completed health declaration form.
- The cost of PCR tests conducted during the stay period must be pre-paid to the hotel soon after the hotel reservation.
- All PCR tests are performed in-hotel for your convenience by a private-sector laboratory approved by the Sri Lankan Ministry of Health. Each PCR test costs USD 40 per person.
Details on Your Second PCR Test
- If the stay is more than 14 days – a PCR test is performed in-resort on the 11 – 14th day of the stay. Upon negative results for both PCR tests, guests are allowed to leave the bio-bubble and the respective Level-1 hotel. The in-house medical officer will issue a discharge document upon verifying the PCR test results
- If the stay is between 5 – 14 days – a PCR test is performed depending on the date of departure i.e. 24– 48 hours before departure
- If the stay is less than five days – no exit PCR test is required
Guests are allowed to stay at any number of certified, Safe & Secure Level 1 hotels and permitted to use all facilities of the hotel. Guests are also allowed to visit approved tourist sites in a bio-bubble. Please contact the Reservations Team to discuss the tourist sites available during your stay.
Transfers and Change of Dates
- Safe & Secure transfers from international airports to the hotel, transfers between Level 1 hotels and transfers to places of interest / excursions are provided by the hotel or a certified service provider and must be pre-booked.
- Guests may change dates or change hotels (to any Minor Hotels property in Sri Lanka) up to 24 hours before arrival. This is valid for rates with part or full pre-payment, for stays completed before 20 December 2021 and is subject to availability.
Anantara Kalutara Resort has implemented the "Stay with Peace of Mind" programme that carries out enhanced levels of sanitation and use Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved disinfectants against COVID-19 throughout all public areas, including lobbies, reception, fitness centre, pool areas and guest rooms.Please click here for more information.
For more information please contact our reservations department at email@example.com
Booking Requirement FAQs
- From all the ‘Safe & Secure’ Certified hotels, these are the accommodation service providers who will provide accommodation services exclusively for international tourists during the first 14 days of their stay.
- Level 1 hotels can accept bookings from international tourists visiting Sri Lanka under a tourist visa and is optional for dual citizens, valid resident visa holders and Sri Lankan citizens who opt to come under the tourism route irrespective of the vaccination status, as per Government regulations.
All visas must be applied online through the Immigration ETA portal. Before you apply for your visa, you need to have a confirmed hotel booking, pre-purchased PCR tests and a mandatory COVID-19 Insurance Cover paid for through your ‘Safe and Secure Level 1’ hotel when making your booking.
- The hotel will issue a reference number which you need to include in your visa form under the section ‘Contact Details’.
- There you will be asked for ‘Address in Sri Lanka’, under which you need to indicate your hotel name, address and the reference number issued.
All PCR tests (once in Sri Lanka) are performed in-hotel for your convenience by a private-sector laboratory approved by the Sri Lankan Ministry of Health.
- If your stay is 5 or more days, two PCR tests are required on arrival and exit.
- If your stay is less than 5 days, no exit PCR is required.
- Children below 2 years are exempted from PCR testing. However, if the parents/ guardians develop symptoms or result in positive PCR test reports children will undergo PCR tests.
- Children between 2-12 years undergo only exit PCR tests
- Yes, you will need to pay USD 12 for a 1 month’s cover of USD 50,000 offered by People's Insurance PLC. This is a mandatory requirement when applying for your visa. Each guest, including children, should purchase the insurance, including children.
- Pay your COVID-19 insurance premium of A USD 12 to your 'Certified Safe and Secure Level 1 hotel' when you are making your hotel booking. They will issue you a reference number (once paid for both Insurance and PCR tests), which you will need to process your visa.
Before applying for a visa ensure you have the following:
- A pre-confirmed booking at a Level 1 'Safe & Secure' hotel for up to 14 days; depending on the duration of your stay. The hotel booking can be made directly with the hotel, through a travel agent
- or OTA. Visitors allowed to move within L1 hotels.
- Obtain a mandatory COVID-19 local travel insurance cover for USD 12 for a policy of USD 50,000 for a period of one month
- Have a valid tourist visa before boarding your flight. All visas must be applied online by visiting eta.gov.lk.
At the airport, on arrival - please produce the following:
- A negative COVID-19 PCR report (In English) taken within 72 hours before flight
- Completed Health Declaration Form
Travel to a Safe & Secure Level-1 Hotel (travel arranged by the hotel, tour operator or Level-1 service provider
- Stay at a Certified Safe & Secure L1 hotel/s for up to the first 14 days of the visit and undergo an on-arrival PCR test. Guests are allowed to stay at any number of Certified Safe & Secure L1 hotels and permitted to use all facilities of the hotel upon an on arrival negative PCR test report.
- Guests are also allowed to visit approved tourist sites in a bio bubble. Speak to our Reservations Team to explore the tourist sites accessible to each resort.
Details on the second PCR test during the stay
- If the stay is more than 14 days – perform second PCR on the 11th -14th day of arrival. Upon negative results for both the PCR tests, guests are allowed to leave the bio-bubble and the respective Level-1 hotel doctor will issue a discharge document upon verifying the PCR test results.
- However, if the guest is identified as an immediate close contact of a COVID 19 positive, the bio-bubble period will be extended as decided by the Level-1 hotel doctor in consultation with the area medical officers of Health.
- Once the guest leaves the bio bubble and goes into the community, they will be subject to the general health guidelines of the country.
- If the stay is between 5-14 days – a PCR test will be performed depending on the date of departure (i.e. 24-48 hours before departure)
- If the stay is less than 5 days - no exit PCR test is required
Yes. Visitors can use all hotel facilities including gym, swimming pool, spa after receiving the on-arrival (Day 1) negative PCR test results.
Guests may enjoy the use of the main restaurant and main bar until the negative PCR test results are informed.
Guests can visit up to 14 approved tourist sites under the safety of a bio-bubble. Please speak to our Reservations Team to confirm the sites available from each resort and as per the current Government guidelines.
Public transportation is discouraged for your safety.