THAILAND TRAVEL INFORMATION
Thailand Pass applications for quarantine-free Test & Go travel have been temporarily suspended by the Thailand government and will resume from 1 February. At present, travellers can choose from the following options for travel to Thailand:
- Quarantine-free travel under the Sandbox schemes in Phuket, Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao, Krabi and Phang Nga
- Alternative Quarantine (AQ) stays in Bangkok and other select destinations
Travellers who have already received the Thailand Pass under the Test & Go or Blue Zone Sandbox schemes can travel as planned with no additional restrictions.IMPORTANT: This information may be subject to change at short notice. We recommend that you confirm all requirements with the relevant authorities before proceeding with any travel arrangements.
To qualify for the Thailand Pass under the Sandbox schemes, travellers must:
- Be fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine at least 14 days before arrival. *
- Complete the Thailand Pass registration process.
- Have a pre-paid seven-night reservation at a SHA Extra+ hotel or hotels in Phuket, Koh Samui, Koh Phangan **, Koh Tao **, Krabi or Phang Nga.
- Have medical insurance with minimum coverage of USD 50,000. ***
- Have a negative COVID-19 test result issued within 72 hours before travelling.
- Receive a COVID-19 PCR test on arrival and remain in their hotel room until they receive a negative result. ****
- Receive a COVID-19 PCR test on day six or seven. ****
* Not required for children under 18.
** Travellers must spend at least one night in Koh Samui before travelling to Koh Phangan or Koh Tao.
*** Not required for Thai nationals or expats qualified for national healthcare scheme.
**** Test is at traveller’s expense.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes, quarantine-free travel to Thailand is possible for fully vaccinated travellers under the Sandbox schemes. Travellers can enjoy unrestricted travel within Phuket, Surat Thani (Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao), Krabi or Phang Nga provinces for the first seven days, and can travel freely anywhere in Thailand thereafter.