MEKONG KINGDOMS CRUISES
From Lanna to Lan Xang.
To cruise down the Mekong is to experience Southeast Asia’s beauty in age-old style. Your three-day, two-night cruise between the Golden Triangle and Luang Prabang takes place aboard the Gypsy, a 41-metre thatched-roof rice barge with contemporary sophistication. With only two ensuite cabins aboard on either end of the vessel, the river feels yours alone.
Wake up to mountain views and yoga on deck. Hop ashore to visit remote hill tribe villages. Return to sunset cocktails and canapés and rice wine tasting sessions.
GOLDEN TRIANGLE – LUANG PRABANG
Sample itinerary. For bespoke journeys commandeer the entire vessel.
- Transfer from Anantara Golden Triangle to Chiang Khong
- Set sail from Chiang Khong
- Welcome cocktail and canapés
- Overnight at Pak Tha
- Guided meditation on deck
- Explore the Kamu village of Ban Houy Phalam, famous for its weaving and scarf production
- Visit Pak Beng and its temple, Hmong hill tribe village and elephant camp
- Tasting of local spirits and Lao rice wine after dinner
- Morning yoga on deck
- Discover the contrasting Lao and Hmong villages of Khok Aek
- Sample Lao Lao whisky at Ban Baw
- Explore the famous Pak Ou caves filled with Buddha statues
- Cooking demonstration on deck
- Arrive at UNESCO World Heritage Site Luang Prabang
For more information click here.