Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas worldwide are renowned for immersing guests in the rich cultural traditions of each exotic locale, through authentic indigenous experiences and the insider knowledge of local experts. Introducing guests to Thailand’s revered national sport, Anantara Phuket Layan Resort & Spa has added a new state of the art Muay Thai boxing ring, aptly called ‘Layan Stadium’. Phuket Layan is the first Anantara resort to boast such a facility, with more resorts to follow suit throughout the year.
Nestled in a sala between the resort’s idyllic lotus pond and lush greenery, the impressive new ring measures just under half the size of a standard Muay Thai boxing ring, offering a conveniently compact arena for guests to enjoy sessions with expert instructors, all of whom boast extensive training and experience in the ring. Anantara Phuket Layan guests can now master the unique martial art of Muay Thai with a range of private classes and programmes designed to suit all ages and abilities, including a five day intensive programme with ringside seats at a local stadium match.
Known as the “science of eight limbs”, Muay Thai fighters use arms, legs, knees and shins, and demonstrate great technical skill, flexibility, strength and stamina. Now popular the world over, people from all walks of life train in Muay Thai to lose weight, get fighting fit, burn off stress, discover a new passion and experience one of Thailand’s most iconic cultural traditions.
At Anantara Phuket Layan, each boxing student is kitted out with expertly tied hand wraps and genuine Muay Thai gloves, and seasoned instructors provide motivating classes, teaching guests how to master the range of Muay Thai moves, comprising jabs, hooks and swings, knee strikes, kicks and foot jabs. All classes and programmes include drinking water, face towels, a certificate and a pair of Thai boxing shorts for guests to take home as a memento of their experience. Each class lasts for 1 hour and can be booked up to 24 hours in advance.
- Basic Thai Boxing: THB 2,500++ per person
- Advance Thai Boxing: THB 3,000++ per person
- Couple’s Thai Boxing: THB 5,000++
- Group of three guests: THB 7,000++
- Group of four guests: THB 9,000++ (any extra guests: THB 1,800++ per person)
- Three day Basic Boxing: THB 6,500++ per person or THB 12,000++ per couple
- Five day Basic Boxing: THB 12,500++ per person or THB 22,400++ per couple (includes ringside seats at a fight at Patong Stadium)
Family packages (for children aged 4-12 years):
- One parent and one child: THB 5,000++
- Two parents and one child: THB 6,500++
- Two parents and two children: THB 7,500++
- Extra adult charge: THB 1,800++ per person
- Extra child charge: THB 1,500++ per person
To make a reservation, call +66 76 317 200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org