KOH SAMUI SANDBOX TRAVEL INFORMATION
- Fully vaccinated adults from low- and medium-risk countries
- Children travelling with vaccinated parents
Travellers will be permitted to travel to other areas of Thailand after 7 days if they test negative for COVID-19 throughout their stay.
Find out more here.
IMPORTANT: This information may be subject to change at short notice. We recommend that you confirm all requirements with the relevant authorities before proceeding with any travel arrangements.
Pre-Arrival & Arrival
To travel to Koh Samui, you will require:
- A negative RT-PCR test result no longer than 72 hours before departure
- Proof that you have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Proof that you spent previous 21 days in low- or medium-risk country
- Confirmation of booking at SHA+ certified hotels for the first 7 nights (up to 3 hotels)
- Proof of purchase of 2 x PCR tests (THB 2,600 each) via the first hotel (only 1 test required for children under 6)
- Thailand Pass approval
- Approved alerting app installed on your smartphone
- COVID-19 health insurance with minimum coverage of USD 100,000
For your first 7 nights in Thailand, you will be required to stay in SHA+ certified hotels and you can choose up to 3. See our destinations below for all our SHA+ certified resorts.Day 0
- Complete your RT-PCR test at the airport on arrival and await the result in your hotel room.
- If the result is negative, you are free to leave your hotel, rent a motorbike, enjoy local attractions and move to up to 2 more hotels on Samui or Phangan. On Day 5, you must take your second RT-PCR test (at Central Festival in Samui and at Phangan Hospital on Koh Phangan).
- After Day 7 and 2 negative tests, you’re free to travel to other destinations within Thailand. Regional COVID-19 restrictions may apply.