WSET Certification Programme
At the only resort in the Maldives oﬀering a certiﬁed wine education programme by WSET, cultivate your budding interest during your stay at Anantara Kihavah. The ideal gift to present to your signiﬁcant other, it is also a wonderful way to connect in a new discovery or bond in a common interest.
Guided by our Senior Wine Guru, undergo the WSET Level 1 coursework situated in some of the most stunning locales in the Maldives. Experience tasting sessions conducted over water at SKY bar, in our crystal-clear lagoon and six metres underwater at SEA, our resort’s signature award-winning restaurant and wine cellar. The course will conclude with a theory exam and upon successful completion, you will receive an appreciation letter from our General Manager, and the oﬃcial certiﬁcate and lapel pin from WSET.
- Minimum length of stay of four nights required
- 3 tasting sessions, with each session lasting 2 hours
- Final theory examination
Intended for people who have little or no prior knowledge of wines, the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is designed to provide a sound but simple introduction to wines. Upon successful course completion, you will be able to understand the key stages in grape growing and winemaking, list the principal types and styles of wine, state the key characteristics of wines made from the principal grape varieties as well as other examples of wines, and know the key principles involved in the storage and service of wine.About WSET
WSET is the awarding body of the Wine & Spirit Education Trust, which provides quality-assured qualiﬁcations that help people to know more about alcoholic beverages and to develop their tasting skills. The development and awarding of WSET qualiﬁcations is the sole responsibility of WSET. WSET operates a Quality Management System that complies with the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001 for the management of for qualiﬁcations and examinations in the product knowledge and tasting competence of alcoholic beverages.
- The rate is subject to 10% service charge, 12% applicable government tax and Green tax of USD 6 per person per night
- The rates quoted are per night, subject to seasonal variations and change without notice.
- Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply.
- Minimum 4 night consecutive stay required.
- Third person must pay additional charge of USD 450 for the programme
- Flight details must be provided 72 hours prior to arrival for airport transfers to be arranged.
- Rate noted above is based on recent currency exchange data. The rate indicated on your confirmation is in the official hotel currency and will be charged at that rate on check out.
- Subject to availability, a cancellation policy and children policy.
- The above benefits may not be used in conjunction with any other discount or exchanged for any other service or cash.
- A deposit of 100% of the full stay is required 7 days prior to arrival.
- In case of no shows or early departure, a 100% charge of the total stay applies.
- A range of resort activities can be booked at an additional cost.