20+ Travel Experiences not to Miss in the New Year04 December 2018
If like us you find as much pleasure in planning the next trip as in the act of globetrotting, you could do worse than pick up the latest issue of Condé Nast Traveller, sit back and let the magazine’s editorial team whisk you off to the hottest new destination whilst supplying you with valuable tips and insights.
Then there is the collective wisdom of your fellow travellers who make their voices heard in the magazine’s annual readers’ choice awards representing a highly respected ranking of hotels.
With over 20 Anantara properties recognised by Condé Nast Traveler’s US readers in this year’s survey, we are celebrating the formidable achievement with our own list of experiences the winners offer.
- Plant a coral with Coral Adoption programme at Naladhu Private Island Maldives and follow its growth with photo updates and return visits.
- Surf the longest right handers of the Maldives at Niyama Private Islands Maldives surrounded by uncrowded world-class waves of the Indian Ocean.
- Find romance on high seas aboard a yacht or traditional Maldivian dhoni exploring hidden caves and local islands, courtesy of Anantara Veli Maldives Resort.
- Stargaze through the Maldives’ most powerful telescope at SKY – a spectacular over water observatory and bar at Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas.
- Spend the night away from civilisation and stroll barefoot on uninhabited islands with Anantara Dhigu Maldives Resort’s overnight journey experience.
- Ride camels, fly falcons and indulge in rose spa rituals at Anantara Qasr Al Sarab - rising from the sands of the world’s largest desert like a mirage.
- Float on water off the cost of Dubai’s iconic Palm Jumeirah island with the UAE’s only over water villas experience while staying at Anantara The Palm Dubai.
- In the perfume capital of Arabia, discover the soothing qualities of frankincense oil and the benefits of hammam at Al Baleed Resort Salalah spa.
- Stargaze from the viewing platform where Princess Diana once stood at what is now the award-winning Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort.
- Choose your own adventure at Sir Bani Yas Island Resort – a fortress-style hotel overlooking the Arabian Gulf, a rustic lodge in the heart of the island or the mangroves and flamingoes in front of your private villa.
- Master the art of Muay Thai with Anantara Hua Hin’s dedicated boxing ring.
- Marvel at one of Bali’s most unapproachable surf breaks from Anantara Uluwatu Bali Resort perched on a dramatic cliffside right over the Impossibles break.
- Join local turtle watching volunteers at Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle Resort on beach patrols to protect hawksbill and leatherback mother turtles and their eggs.
- Bond with elephants at Anantara Golden Triangle’s mahout camp, spa in the jungle and cruise down the Mekong River.
- Play on Chiang Mai’s world-class fairways under the guidance of Anantara Chiang Mai’s Golf Guru - on hand to tailor a bespoke itinerary for your golfing holiday.
- Celebrate life with sundowners and mellow DJ tunes at Anantara Seminyak Bali.
- Discover Vietnamese contemporary art at Anantara Hoi An Resort’s new art gallery that hosts rotating exhibitions and cultural events.
- Drift between five beautiful pools and Champagne cabanas at Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort while the little ones play at world-class clubs.
- Swim with the dolphins at Bazaruto Archipelago, a protected marine reserve off the coast of Mozamqubue that is home to Anantara Bazuruto Island Resort.
- Sleep in bed of stars at Anantara Medjumbe Island Resort under a star-filled sky on your private island to fully embrace your role as castaways in a four-poster bed.
- Receive a blessing chant from a monk before heading to Lumpini Park for a guided yoga or meditation session courtesy of Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel.
- Bask in graceful safari style only steps from the sweeping Zambezi River and savannah views at Royal Livingstone Victoria Falls Zambia Hotel.
Now for the difficult bit: where to first?